Old March 31st 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Safety Whistle I Just Bought - Great for Pilots

wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently came across this electronic safety whistle and thought it to
be a no brainer for my (or any serious pilot's) flight bag. Thought I'd
share. http://www.davidsteele.com

The whistles I used when I was a zebra on the basketball court work
great. They are now standard items in my survival packs. Batteries not
required. Never measured the DB level but I recall a rescue team having to
hike some considerable distance to find a kid sitting on the side of a
mountain blowing away on one. I think I gotta pass on this gadget.