Old March 13th 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn Jacobs

Default Hanger queens - The Glamour of Flight, Part 1 &2

Very nice post. It does reminds me of the earlier and more pleasant days
of commercial aviation. My first commercial flight was from Denver to
Philadelphia on a Connie Jan 1, 1955. I did a lot of commercial flying up
till 5 or so years ago and it became less and less pleasant as the years
went by. I remember when you could go up to cockpit in flight and chat
with the pilot. I once made the majority of a flight in the copilot¢s seat
(Slick Airways on a converted C46).

It is a shame as it used to be a positive experience and now it is more
pain than anything else. I drive across the country to avoid flying. I
will probably make one or two more trips by air and those will be
International where driving presents lots of problems. Don¢t suggest I go
by boat as I was cured of that on the USNS General Randolph.

JakeInHartsel