Old October 19th 09, 09:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
johngalloway[_2_]

Default Bendix King AV80R Display

On Oct 18, 8:51*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Oct 18, 12:35*pm, johngalloway wrote:

Does anyone know whether the LCD display for this unit is
transflective or transmissive?

Thanks,

John Galloway

All those hits when you Google "AV80R transflective" did not convince
you?

Almost all modern displays are transrflective.

There is some very interesting display technoloy coming from Pixel Qi
that combines reflective mode with transflective. Essentially
monochrome with some color "hinting" in reflective mode. Georgeous
displays, high resolution, low power consumption. I expect they'll
find their ways into out cockpits through future netbook/tablet/PDA
type devices.www.pixelqi.com.

Darryl

I get only a few hits to that search - many of them now point to my
own question, above, and and I can't find any that actually refer to
the AV80R and not another product also being sold.

The Ipaq 310 series isn't transflective.

What about Mirasol displays?

http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/index...technology.php

John Galloway