Old October 31st 19, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Boise Pilot

Default 2020 Mackay, Idaho Regatta

See Brian's response. Historically we have had some bring big bottles to use as refills. We have the necessary hoses and adapters for USA stuff. Those that bring the big bottles - large med tanks - get first use but usually are able to help others. My glider only has room for the small 'D' bottles but I have 5 of them so have not needed to refill in the past. Towards the end of the stay one may only get 1,100 lbs +/- . A commercial refill is about 3 hours each way. So obtaining a large bottle as Dan suggested is optimal.
tom

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 6:41:46 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
I must ask about the lack of "nearby" oxygen refills.

The regatta is 10 days long. The field elevation is 5892ft. So oxygen use would be expected and refills would be needed.

The limiting factor is then how far away would one have to travel to get a quick turnaround refill?

Thanks, John