Old July 2nd 04, 02:44 AM
Dave S

If you can hold altitude and airspeed, if you can follow logical and
orderly instructions, and can land on the numbers consistently (or say..
a colored dot).. then you would be best just to fly into OSH and camp
there..

Now.. if you CANT do the above.. by all means, good luck landing out.

But I would vote for camping on the north 40.. no place else compares.

Dave

Rob McDonald wrote:
I unexpectedly have the opportunity to fly to Airventure for a few days. A
friend who has done this before has recommended that I fly to a field near
OSH rather than right in to Wittman Regional. I will be flying around the
north end of Lake Michigan.

Do you have any recommendations for which field I should use? I assume I
would plan to camp with my plane if possible. Does that make sense when
based away from OSH?

Rob