Old July 14th 17, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Sad News

On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 2:25:18 PM UTC+2, Robert Fidler wrote:
Gene Rinke has passed away after a year long fight with brain cancer. I visited him a week ago and he remained in good spirits even though he was aware his time was near. Gene was a great friend, an outstanding individual and a great soaring pilot. I flew with him for almost 20 years on countless cross-country flights in Michigan and Florida. The funeral will be private. A Memorial service is being planned by the family and will be announced.
Bob Fidler

Gene was a great pilot and a greater friend at the glider port. Always happy and bringing happiness to others.

He is dearly missed.

What a great guy!