Old September 25th 05, 03:47 PM
N93332

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:zexZe.366651$_o.277188@attbi_s71...
Opinions, please!

(No one on Usenet has any of *those*, right? :-)

We're considering putting together a combo deal with a couple of other
local airport businesses, along the following lines:

The combo deals you listed sound good.

How about putting ads in the Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, etc.,
newspapers with reduced room rates if an intro flight is taken? Guests can
take an intro flight either at IOW or bring a coupon saying they took one
recently someplace for the discount. Say if a room is $75/night without a
intro flight or $65 w/intro flight included, I would take the intro flight
just for the discount. It seems like most places I've seen the 'Learn to
fly' signs are at airports, which isn't seen much by the general public.

As far as getting current pilots into your place, how about advertising in
IA Wings, Midwest Flyer, etc?

Have you tried contacting the Des Moines FSDO, FOD FSS, Collins, etc., to
see if they would be willing to give a seminar or something at your place
during a non-football weekend?

-Greg B.