View Single Post
Old September 21st 18, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan M
external usenet poster

Default AMS Flight and LS6 Upper Rudder Bushing

It's great news if they are actually supporting it and didn't go belly up.

Could the bushing be made at a local machine shop? Probably. It appears to be made of brass. It's got an offset hole, I'm not sure what the dimensions are supposed to be (or if there is supposed to be a taper) or where I'd get that from. My guess is, getting a bushing custom made at a machine shop would be quite expensive -- because anything custom made is quite expensive.

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 10:39:21 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
That's great news about support for such a fine ship!

Couldn't the bushing simply be made at a local machine shop?Â* Could
you make it yourself?Â* What's the material, brass, plastic, etc.?Â*
The LS-6 is, after all, an experimental glider.

Please
read THIS about owner produced parts.Â* I think it has the
answer to your problem.

Good luck!

(The other) Dan M

On 9/21/2018 7:31 AM, Dan M wrote:

Hello,

For those that don't know, AMS Flight (www.ams-flight.si) in Slovenia owns the type certificate on the LS4 and LS6 gliders, and has been providing support for them. Unlike DG, they do not require you to pay the "LS Tax". They do not support the LS1, LS3, or LS8.

That said, I emailed them a little over a month ago and asked them for an upper rudder bushing for the LS6. They pretty quickly emailed me back asking for more information, and I responded. That was the last I heard of them. I'm wondering if 1) they just don't like me, 2) they are on some sort of extended European vacation, 3) they are hideously backed up from European vacation, or 4) the folded?

And, I'm still looking for the bushing. Does anyone know of a source in the US (or elsewhere, preferably other than DG)?

dan

--

Dan, 5J