Old September 18th 04, 10:42 PM
John Hellingsworth

Default Trimming down Task Manager in XP for best PC performance...

Hi

Now with more time on my hands, just got back into Flight Sims.
In order to mimimise background progs running and slowing down any flight
sim applications, I always start from a basic msconfig startup setup.

With regards to Windows Task Manager however, I've never disabled anything,
at the risk of fowling up. Any guidance with regards to which applications
it is essential to NOT disable would be appreciated.

Is there anyway of saving and booting with these preferences..............
like the "old days" with a boot disk...

Thanks

John Helligsworth