Old May 30th 05, 08:02 AM
CJ

Default Seattle advice

Hello,

My wife and I are spending five nights in Seattle between July 4th and July
8th (leaving Saturday, July 9th). Since we're driving in on the fourth, we
basically have the 5th through the 8th as full days to explore. We have to
spend one day on the Olympic Penninsula (fond memories for my wife) and one
day at Orcas Island (long time friend for me). We'll do one day
non-aviation or maybe even cultural. That leaves us one day to do either
Museum of Flight or Arlington.

Questions.

1. Arlington or Museum of Flight? My wife REALLY wants us to build a
Murphy, but she loves seeing rag and tube aircraft, as well as aircraft with
history. We've been to the (incredibly inconsistent) Golden West show a few
times, and other than the opportunity to see Jim Wright's HB-1, have been
pretty disappointed. Is Arlington that many levels above Golden West for
homebuilders or non-military plane nuts?

2. (Off topic - Larry, start bitching) - Fourth of July. What and where
are the fireworks opportunities for us (we're styaing at the Camlin, a few
blocks east of Pikes)?

Thanks for any hints.

-cj