Old September 23rd 03, 07:25 AM
Corrie

Thanks for all the good thoughts and discouraging tales! ;-) I'm a
realist, but I do hope to land something close to my most recent
salary. Frankly I don't think I can afford a 50% cut - that would
require *major* lifestyle adjustments, and I don't mean lease out the
Lear and join a cheaper country club.

I put myself through college by short-order cooking and playing guitar
for tips. I can do it again if need be. As my aunt (who ran a $1M+
oilfield services company during the oil boom of the 70's, and closed
it down when the boom ended) said, "If you have to, you get out in the
barnyard and pick **** with the chickens."

My meager flying experience has also stood me in good stead: In the
case of sudden power loss, 1. Aviate - fly the airplane and trim for
best glide. 2. Navigate - select an alternate landing field. 3.
Communicate - get on the horn to people who can help, and don't be shy
about asking for it.

Blue skies!

Corrie
http://www.itasca.net/~corrie/resume...e_Bergeron.htm

(Craig) wrote in message . com...
(Corrie) wrote in message . com...
The good news - I've now got much more time to spend in the shop! The
bad news - I've got much less money to spend on tools, supplies, and
materials.

Been there...done that...got the Tshirts and the credit ratings to
boot...Spent a little over 4 years off work in two big chunks after
layoffs in the defense world. Biggest problem that I had was getting
people to understand that a 50+% cut in pay was okay with me so that I
could put food on the table and keep power on in the house. Managed to
keep both aircraft projects and the hangar, but it took some family
help, a bit of luck and some hard groveling with the landlord.

Biggest thing is be flexible and try and land something quickly, even
if it's shoving pallets at WallyWorld. Once you stave off the no bucks
problem, you will find something appropriate.

Craig C.