Old November 23rd 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default Pills & Propellers

wrote:

There is a method I have done thought experiments on, in which a wood
part could be soaked through with methyl methacrylate monomer, which
will penetrate to the deepest cell structure, and then activated
chemically to cross link. Something of this nature could possibly be of
use. Methyl methacrylate monomer will cross link under UV such as
direct sunlight, which I have used (taking several days to start the
reaction). You would need to maintain the saturation in a closed
container since the monomer is quite volatale.

A.L.
Phoenix

I think I'd rather just buy a good prop from Tennessee Props and
go fly...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

The democracy will cease to exist when you
take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson