Old September 16th 19, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Default Pawnee Tow Release

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 9:17:31 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
Putting a Tost hook on a Pawnee is a very simple operation. The FAA doesn’t really need to be involved other then representation by an IA. Shoot me an email or call if you have any questions. www.skyeaero.com
Pawnee’s typically come with a 230 HP Lycoming engine. I’ve never seen a Continental on one.

The Continental was STC'd in this PA-25. I will PM you eventually, but for now let's assume we want to seek a TOST conversion. Will that necessitate an STC or FDSO field approval or can an IA do this? If it requires an STC is there an existing one, or are they unique to each Pawnee model? Should we want to modify the floor release to one of the suggested mods, would that require an STC?
Thanks in advance,
Mike