Old September 13th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Purdie[_3_]

Default NEW PANEL DISPLAY COMPARISON

I can understand that as it's Richard's product he could be highly
selective with the information presented. for example, the Clearnav is
not just a display and processor, for the price you get a complete system
including the GPS and IGC approved all-flights recorder.

The 'separate Nexus Board required' (actually strictly it isn't but
does allow substantial later system expansion) does let you put just the
display on a RAM mount to reduce cockpit system volume.

Control input has been discussed - I find the hand controller convenient
and intuitive, and far easier to use in turbulence than a touch screen or
tracker ball, and so have all the users I have spoken to.

And for most of us, power consumption is a significant factor. This is
where the ClearNav really scores in bright sunlight - here it is 20
degrees south of the equator, when an iPAQ 5500 was virtually unreadable.
By the way, it is on power save (400mA current).

I guess the sensible thing is for potential users of any system to look
at, and fly with a demo one, rather than trusting the salesman. Anyone
want a ride in the back of my ASH25?

At 14:14 12 September 2009, Richard wrote:
I have had many inquiries for information comparing the Craggy Aero
Ultimate with the competition.

Please see for the comparison.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...Standard.p df