Old October 10th 18, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Mt Washington Diamond Mine delivers again...

I knew I didn't know every location, just saying "regular wave sites" have an agreement.

Still trying to get my last badge out of Middletown, NY. I started here, soloed here, went through Gold with 2 diamonds here, just like "UH".
He (UH) finally went to Mt. Washington the other year to complete his diamonds to add to the, "mass 1000K" at NewCastle in VA., I believe only 2 diamond climbs in the state of NY in history.
Yes, possible now and then over Ellenville, NY., but hard.
We are about 10 miles downwind of the "ridge", the plateau by Ellenville is best bet (where I got my Gold climb).

BTW, for history buffs, Steve Bennis and wife (Ginny/Virginia) (later a Schweitzer) started gliding ops in the region. He is a hall of famer.
He also owned Middletown, gave me a PVT and COMM checkride.