Old April 7th 08, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Default Adding an airplane rating to private pilot glider

As Andy said.. you'll have more air sense, and know what the feet are for..
But review 61.109 (a) for "Airplane" and you'll note that most of the
training and experience hours have to be logged in an airplane.
Not Aircraft, and not glider, so you're up for the minimums as specified in
61.109.

BT

"gmcd05" wrote in message
Does anyone know what the requirements are to add a private pilot
airplane rating if you already have a private pilot glider? I know
the training requirements would be reduced for an airplane pilot
transitioning to glider but I dont know how it works going the other
way.... Does anyone have info on this?