Old December 2nd 16, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default Buying a glider, advice on type and prices

Dan, the German word for aileron is querrudder...

-John, Q3

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12:34:23 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
...automatic rudder connection...???

Do you remove the rudder or tail boom to trailer the ship?

On 12/2/2016 9:45 AM, wrote:
Another vote for the SZD 55 here - love mine, also over the discus I've flown at my club before. Super light wings, assembles almost by itself with automatic rudder connections. You just need one more guy and a wing stand an thats it. Self locking main wheel adds to safety, you will never experience a belly landing due to not sufficient locking force on the handle. Has a lot of room and a nice seating position. Buy a used one and you will not see a loss of money if you treat it well, speaking of treatment: older T35 gelcoat lives long if you give it the right care.

--
Dan, 5J