Old March 6th 04, 05:07 AM
Michael P. Reed

In message , "Tex Houston" wrote:

I'll submit a name who came so close. Tied in vote total with Thomas
Jefferson he became vice president by decision of the House of Representives
but is probably most known for killing Alexander Hamilton in a duel. He
also served in the Revolutionary War.

Yes, but Burr saw very little combat. The only action I can think he was in
was an attack on some British pickets during Henry Clinton's diversion into New
Jersey in September of 1777. Other than that, he served mostly as a staff
officer (though still officially LTC of Malcolm's Additional Regiment until it
was amalgamated with Grayson's [?] Additional. Of course, there were duels.
Jackson also fought duels.

--
Regards,

Michael P. Reed