Old April 27th 05, 09:43 PM
Greasy Rider© @invalid.com

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:02:16 -0700, "a425couple"
postulated :

I have a old question, maybe someone can refute, or verify?

I tend to mistrust 'sea-stories' w.o. cites. Sometimes I think
they likely true, probably partly true, or unlikely.
But some good ones stick in my mind, from all categories.

I posed the question to an old AD-6 Skyraider pilot from the 50's.

Here is his answer:

Sadly, in the case of our favorite airplane, AD's, it's true! No one
ever landed intact. The few AD's that did take off with folded wings
crashed shortly after takeoff.

The F8U is a different story. There were a couple of instances when
those birds actually got airborne, and then landed safely.

Kit