Old May 24th 05, 08:14 PM
William W. Plummer

Speed wrote:
My apologies if this is the wrong group. Please direct me to the right
one if it is.

I'm a mechanical engineering student who is interested in how the
intake system works on the SR-71. I've seen many articles on the
internet that mention it briefly, and give a simplified explanation,
but that's not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for an explanation/description that's geared towards
someone who has a degree in mechanical engineering with a concentration
in compressible flow. If anyone could tell me of a place to find a
good technical description, I would greatly appreciate it.

There used to be a web sited specifically for SR-71 mechanics. I can't
remember the URL but perhaps you can find it with Google.