Old January 14th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace

Default Mogas-Sipping Cessna 172G

"172flyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
What DID it cost the Silver Bullet pilot?

The Fed that reported back to me said that part of the settlement was
"substantial monetary fine" and that part of the settlement was an agreement
to keep the particulars confidential. What is "substantial" to one may be
pocket change to another. I did not attempt to pry.

It might be good for more pilots to know because I just talked to
several pilots here in the East who say they have used that frequency
for informal pilot-to-pilot communications.

And I know several pilots who think that right traffic is always OK so long
as the field is uncontrolled. Somehow that part of the regs didn't imprint
on them during their training.

It is so easy to remember, much easier than the chat frequencies so
designated.
So naturally they're going to dial that one in if they can.

And it is easier for me just to go ahead and land unannounced at ORD rather
than go through all the hassle of approach, tower, ground control and all
that mess. Easy and legal generally don't bear much resemblance to one
another.

Jim