Old September 27th 12, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LiFePO4 batteries

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:09:54 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Are these batteries safer than the LiPo used in RC aircraft? There have been bad fires when charging LiPO and fireproof containers are recommended.

All that was hashed out on the previous discussion. These are different from
Lithium Phosphate and don't suffer the fire problems. I got one from K2 Energy
this year and love the lighter weight, higher voltage, and higher capacity.
I did get their charger also just to be sure.

-- Matt