Thread: Libelle
View Single Post
Old July 1st 17, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Libelle

I don't think he does. I brought this up in the Vintage and Classic Facebook page, as the eBay listing had been discussed at length. Sold on eBay for $5200, in PA, now offered as a "bargain" for $8000 by a gent in CA. There was a Hutchinson family in soaring in CA, but no mention of a Brian Hutchinson in the SSA Membership listing.

OK, so I go to the FAA Airman's Certificate Database. No Brian Hutchinson with any airman's certificates listed in CA. There are 28 Hutchinsons in CA in the Airman's Certificate Database, but none seem to matchup.

I was kind of wondering how long it would take for this to show up on RAS. I spotted it the day it hit W&W. And the guy even did a crappy job of lifting pictures from the eBay listing! I think making $2800 by writing a check and sending it overnight is a bit much. I am considering offering my max bid from when it was on eBay and see what response I get. Or maybe let him start paying storage, then have to get it hauled across the US via someone on U-Ship...

In case you wondered, he won the auction with a last second, e-snipe bid of $5200.

Steve Leonard