Old September 18th 17, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default sunlight readable iphone

So far I have been using XCSoar on Galaxy Note 4 and the sun readability was just good enough even in bright sunshine and with sun glasses on my nose. Now I have the Galaxy S8+ and the brightness is simply impressive (over 1000 nits). If only there was a 7 inch bezel-less tablet with a similar bright screen!

Not to stray off the original question but I use my Android Galaxy S5 phone running Top Hat or XCSoar as a back up incase of a flight computer failure, also for local flights in the two seater club world.
The S5 is a good phone, had it for nearly three years but it is anything but sunlight readable.
I am contemplating updating it, as it is time, to perhaps to an S8 but not convinced it would be much better.
Any other suggestions in the Android world??