Old May 26th 18, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 10:11:01 AM UTC-7, JS wrote:
On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 8:35:14 AM UTC-7, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Saturday, 26 May 2018 09:16:11 UTC-6, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 7:39:44 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Whoa, it takes you 30 minutes for a pit stop, you might as well be towing a tassel of small children

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 5:51:47 AM UTC-7, Scott Manley wrote:
On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 8:47:37 AM UTC-4, Scott Manley wrote:
The 2017 Tesla Model X I am leasing is a amazing tow vehicle. Other than the range reduction (about 200 mile max between charges) that is more obvious when driving a vehicle that makes you aware of your energy consumption, its 5500 lb weight, low center of gravity, 550 bhp, all-wheel drive, and 500 ftlb of torque instantly available at all speeds (starting at zero) make it a great tow vehicle for my Cobra 30 ft all-aluminum 15m trailer. If I don't look back, I don't even know its back there.

The 200 hundred mile max between charges is conservative, ensuring 20% of battery capacity on arrival. With Tesla's nation-wide network of fast chargers located 50-150 miles apart along all the interstate highways, long distance travel is not problem, and I can usually be recharged in 30 minutes, about the same amount of time it takes me to rest, stretch, and pee.

'Sorry if this repeats; I was trying to fix a typo.

What about Reno to Ely to Nephi on the loneliest highway in the US?

Tesla charging stations in Nephi next to the JC Mikelson's restaurant on south end of town. So progressive!

Nice, Ron!
Hadn't previously thought of JC Mikelson's as progressive.

The latest vehicle for me works very well, even towing the Duo in the mountains.
32 (US)MPG / 7.35l per 100km average since purchased. But at $30k the GLK250 is my most expensive car.
Jim

But it is Nephi's worst. They advertise the largest burger it town.