Old June 3rd 04, 11:57 PM
Bill Daniels

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Robert Bates" wrote in message
news:EJwuc.18339$IB.1786@attbi_s04...
Yeah, I know I'm going to get flamed

I have read a lot recently about people burning everything from

bio-diesel
and straight french fry grease to used ATF in ground based diesel

engines
but what about flying turbines? I am quite sure that they would burn

either
at ground level but will these fuels gel at the lower flight levels and
would the FAA have a problem with fuel type in an experimental aircraft?

Gel would not be the worry, but repeatable, consistent runs. What if

there
is a chunk of a french fry that got by the filter?

The price of fuel is not the most important factor in owning and running

an
airplane. No sane person would risk the plane or his neck, just for

burning
a bunch of waste to save money
--
Jim in NC.

Biodiesel is a refined product and is in every way superior to petroleum
based diesel fuel.

Fuel prices are the single highest cost of OPERATING and aircraft but,
perhaps not the highest for merely OWNING one. Try figuring out how much it
costs in fuel to run an engine to TBO.

Bill Daniels