Old August 22nd 04, 11:47 AM
Stephen Mitchell

I have a set of Polliwagen plans ... both the originals and the later plans
for the premoulded kit. I am also an aero engineer.

It is a poorly designed airplane - many details are poorly thought out and
do not follow good aeronautical engineering practise .....

The use or urethane foam and some of the other composite construction
details also leave a lot to be desired.

The airplane is also poorly proportioned and I suspect that it probably
handles poorly ... particularly longitudinal and directional stability. I
have spoken with a few people who have flown the prototypes but these were
only short flights and they could not conform or deny this suspicion.

I would not build one ... the #1 rule of homebuilt airplanes applies. If the
design is old (in the case of the Polliwagen circa 79 I think) and there are
not many flying don't waste your money on it. Better build Sonerai (assuming
you are after a VW powered aircraft) or something that is a proven airplane.

If you want to know more email me at .

"Ron Webb" wrote in message
what do you need to know?

I know a fellow with a half built pollywagen in his rafters, and all the
documentation.

The only thing I need to know is that if this fellow (a master craftsman

if
ever there was one) never finished it, then I don't want anything to do

with
it. There HAD to be major problems somewhere.

Ron Webb

"AKAVIE" wrote in message
Anybody know where I can find more information about the Polliwagen?

I've
Googled on the name but it didn't provide much. I think it's a neat

looking
plane and wonder why you don't see more of them.