Old April 18th 05, 04:22 AM
Clay

Default Corrosion Proofing

DuPont makes Variprime 615S/625S Self-Etching Primer. It has been
recommended to me by a retired FAA engineer.
I saw an Ercoupe and some Cessna wings being rebuilt at Wesport Airport
(Dead Cow) in Wichita. Both were primed with Variprime.
I am considering using Variprime to corrosion proof my Skylark.
Several years ago I painted a C-205. The process used was Alumi-Prep
33, Alodine, Dexter 10P-2/EC 139 Epoxy Primer and AlumiGrip paint(US
Paint).
I also have some Dexter 10P-2 Epoxy Primer, MIL-P-23377. The Dexter
product worked very nicely on the C-205. It too is being considered for
corrosion proofing.
I look forward to hear about everyones experineces and recommendations.