Old March 13th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

On Mar 13, 9:24*am, Sam Spade wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 13, 8:30 am, Sam Spade wrote:

Okay, at an uncontrolled airport like KMBO you certainly have the
election to hold MDA until the MAP, then (using Runway 17) turn
downwind, base, and final. *

You are right Sam, it's amusing. *Talk to me when you get in the real
world of flying. *You want to enter the pattern non standard, great,
knock your socks off. *Flying the plane doesn't stop at MAP or when
you go visual. *I fly based on what I deem safe AND within the ATC
parameters given to me.. *If ATC gives me something I deem unsafe, I
won't hesitate to use the word unable.

Apparently I don't have the book smarts, but I believe I do have the
street smarts to make it in the instrument world. *I think I have
proven this through my videos. *That's all I need..............

Carry on in your book world Sam, I'd rather spend the time in a plane
staying current then waste my time on you nit picking over something
like what to do on an approach when I am conducting the approach
within legal and MOST IMPORTANTLY safe guidelines :-)

Other then learning from Bob and Mark that I indeed was misinformed
about not being able to descend below MDA before missed, what have you
provided for me? *I honestly can't think of a thing.

I provided you with a chart from North Dakota of a procedure you
asserted did not exist.

So did Bob and his came through first.