Old December 3rd 17, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default lining for fuselage cradle?

On Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 9:05:00 AM UTC-6, Tim Taylor wrote:
Traditionally wool felt has been used as it wears well and in the correct grade is soft. Seach for F grades to find more details. Not cheap but worth using on an expensive glider.

Indoor/outdoor carpet can also be used.

Contact cement is the most common adhesive. I recommend a rubber seam roller to help with a smooth fitting.

McMaster Carr has all kinds of felt, amazing variety. They have a monster warehouse here in Chicagoland, I can pick up my orders 1 hour after placing it on their website.