Old April 20th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike

Default Paint shops in Atlanta area ?

Dave Butler wrote:
Mike wrote:
Due to some peeling clear coar, slightly thinning base coat in a
couple of places, and some recent minor hail damage (with payment from
insurance) it looks like we're due for a paint job on our Archer.
Can anyone suggest any good shops (or ones to stay away from) in the
Atlanta area? All windows were replaced with a recent interior
refurbishment, so all we should need is basic paint, probably a couple
of fairings, and some minor fiberglass touch-up.

Depends on what you mean by "area"... and also depends on what you
consider "good". Some people are perfectly satisfied with paint jobs
that others consider unacceptable.

Anyway, I and my partners were satisfied with the job done by Grace Air
at KCKI, near Florence, SC.

Here's a good reference article about evaluating paint shops:
http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182829-1.html

Dave

Good point(s)...
Florence is a little further that I'd like to go. I was thinking of
staying within about 200 miles (or 3 hours driving time). I figure
we'll have to make at least 3 trips, including two (drop-off and
pick-up) that will require another aircraft or driving.
We're not looking for either absolute lowest price or absolute highest
quality, but rather a middle-of-the-road good quality for a reasonable
price without a lot of "bells & whistles".
Thanks for the pointer to the Avweb article, I'll take a look.

Mike