Old April 21st 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stephen N Mills

Default Paint shops in Atlanta area ?

We had our '75 Cardinal RG painted by Grace Air 2 1/2 years ago. I am
not real happy with the results. It took significatly longer than
they had estimated. They did not replace all of the plastic stop
buttons on the top of the flaps. And now we have more places where
the paint is off than I think we should. The paint looks good, I just
feel that they were just a little bit careless in their quality
control. Next paint job, we will find a different shop.

- Steve Mills
N2679V Vicky @ PDK

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:41:35 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

Mike wrote:
Due to some peeling clear coar, slightly thinning base coat in a couple
of places, and some recent minor hail damage (with payment from
insurance) it looks like we're due for a paint job on our Archer.
Can anyone suggest any good shops (or ones to stay away from) in the
Atlanta area? All windows were replaced with a recent interior
refurbishment, so all we should need is basic paint, probably a couple
of fairings, and some minor fiberglass touch-up.

Depends on what you mean by "area"... and also depends on what you
consider "good". Some people are perfectly satisfied with paint jobs
that others consider unacceptable.

Anyway, I and my partners were satisfied with the job done by Grace Air
at KCKI, near Florence, SC.

Here's a good reference article about evaluating paint shops:
http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182829-1.html

Dave