Old May 16th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Bidding on a Lathe

On Sun, 16 May 2010 12:02:12 -0500, brian whatcott
wrote:

A lathe is one of those things a homebuilder might want, but like me,
be reluctant to pay for, new.

So when I spotted a Southbend listed on a Texas School District Surplus
Auction on friday, I asked the auctioneer to bid on my behalf to $222
sight unseen. At 150 miles distance, it was too far to go on spec.
This was a low bid, no doubt.
I called to find out how the bidding went today. It made over $700,
which is the right price for a smaller Southbend in reasonable
condition. Sigh....

Still, I tried!

Brian W

a 9 inch south bend in good shape with any tooling at all is over
$1500 around here. (2 chucks, faceplate and dogs, toolpost and
centers)