Old September 7th 15, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default Alfonso Jurado

On Wing tape.

We started a used wing tape ball in MIA. After it got rather large, we signed it then presented it to him. He just couldn't believe we wasted that much tape. He kept that ball of used wing tape just in case. Yet, he had one draw full of new wing tape rolls that we had given him over the years and considered that his private stash.

See, he reused the wing tape, time after time, by simply not stretching it when putting it on. When removing it, he was careful not to stretch it and kept it lightly pressed on each wing. See, this way he had pre cut right wing tape and left wing tape (stabilizer also). Also, his reasoning for this was brilliant, as it was already initialed for the assemble check, he explained to me it was something he needn't do!

Best. #711.