Old June 14th 04, 06:43 PM
Jay Honeck

Default I hate cell towers

Has anyone else grown annoyed by the proliferation of cell towers with
strobe lights?

Every time we're coming into land in Iowa City -- especially when Mary is
flying, and I'm concentrating exclusively on traffic avoidance -- I spot one
or more cell tower strobes out of the corner of my eye, and momentarily
tense up. There always follows a nervous moment or two while we determine
that it's really not another aircraft...

Who is the idiot that decreed that all cell towers should have *strobe*
lights on them? What was wrong with the simple red lights that other
obstructions sport?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA