Old February 12th 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Turnpoint placement to support safer Tasking

You're right Evan - the word "Chaos" overstates the issue. Yet crossing traffic is relatively hazardous. The more acute the angle, the more hazardous it is.

It turns out that a small revision to how we use turn areas will completely eliminate the crossing traffic problem. That's my point. The same idea applies to MAT and AST circles. Let's eliminate the crossing traffic in all turn circles please.