Old June 7th 05, 05:52 AM
videoguy

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Would Spirit of St. Louis or Creve Coeur airport be closer to the theme
park?

Can anyone recommend a decent "suites" hotel to stay at that's handy to
the park? Is there any kind of decent transportation to/from the
park?

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay,

Spirit (KSUS)is a bit closer to Six Flags, especially if you know how to go
down "the back way" and is also close to food and hotels. Your costs at
Spirit for the plane are almost certain to be higher than at Creve Coeur
(1HO).

1HO is a smaller, more friendly place and with the recent opening of hwy 364
you can be on I-270 at page in about 5-7 minutes. From there you can easily
get down to I-44 west and on the way to Six Flags.

Courtesy cars to hotels might be easier to get from Spirit. It probably
depends on where the hotel is. Baymont Inn and Suites at Westport is quite
close to 1HO. Springhill Suites is close to KSUS. I think that's one of
the newer 'pricier' ones. Confort Inn and Suites is very close to KSUS,
actually being on the main road to KSUS.

I don't know of any transportation to Six Flages from the hotles around KSUS
or 1HO. I do think there's a Ramada very near Six Flags that offers free
transport for guests to the park. May be others in the area doing that too;
Just don't know for sure.

I don't think there is any car rental at 1HO. You might be able to get one
deliered by Enterprise to 1HO. Guess a call to their national number might
help. Executive Beechcraft at KSUS has rental cars available Call ahead
for specs.

If I can do anything to assist you please feel free to email me directly.
(Take out the trash)

Gary Kasten
St. Peters, MO