Old November 6th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default Brief intro and questions about the current mach 2.0 limitations of Western designed F/A AC

In article
,
Bob Nixon wrote:

GET OVER DOG FIGHTING???? Isn't that the very reason they put a gun on
the F4-E and center racked add-on M61 EQ on earlier models in the RVN
non war?. All because the politicians said any war fought in the
future will be against targets out of visual range using side winders
& Sparrow missiles. Now we have Amraam (I worked on several systems
that went into them and) they even have a longer range version now but
you still can't tell it oops, I didn't really mean to fire at you a
"friendly" & turn it back. You must have not turned your mode 4 IFF
on

They laughed at Einstein, but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

Just because they were wrong about missiles in 1958 doesn't mean that
we're wrong about it in 2009. The capabilities of the missiles have
changed ever so slightly over the intervening years.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth