Old September 19th 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

Coincidence, perhaps?

Cobra and Komet trailers have been carrying the horizontal stabilizer
attached to the underside of the top for as long as I can reall (the
mid-80s).Â* I've never seen the damage you described.

On 9/18/2018 6:13 PM, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Hanging the tail plane near the top of a trailer can cause excess heat to,damage surface in hot environments.
Ive seen a tailplane that had severe gel coat damage on the surface nearest the top of the trailer, despite no signs of failure on any other part of the glider.

--
Dan, 5J