Old August 9th 04, 11:42 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Ron Wanttaja says...

3. The suit by Campbell against RAF has been settled out of court.
Campbell sued RAF at the same time as Pulsar, making the same
"verbal-contract to advertise" claim. RAF has agreed to pay Zoom $6,500,
but *not* attorney's fees. The agreement states that the settlement is
"... the compromise of a doubtful and disputed claim and the payment is not
to be construed as an admission of liability... said RELEASES deny
liability and intend merely to avoid further litigation...."

Guess this is the end of RAF's positive comments on ANN LOL!!!

$6500 is probably about 32 hours of lawyer time; since Pulsar won
dismissal, there wouldn't be much left of the RAF $6500 settlement.

Good for Pulsar for standing up to zoom and his tactics I wish RAF would have
done the same.

4. One longstanding lawsuit by a printing company may have been finally
settled. This may allow Campbell to return to print media...books, or even
a magazine to go with Sport Pilot.

Possible but it will flop just like us aviator did with zoom at the helm.ANN has
very little in the way of inhouse generated articles it's mostly stuff off the
wire services written by press release people.He would have to have a lot more
actual articles to make it fly.

5. Campbell and former editor Tim Kern are REALLY at loggerheads.
Campbell, of course, has a tradition of suing ex-employees. Campbell would
probably like to silence Kern (I've been told Kern is critical of Zoom's
business practices) and a lawsuit might allow asking for a gag order to
keep "proprietary information" from public view. He might even scream
"conspiracy!" and add the usual co-defendants.

Kerns is very upset over his treatment by zoom since he left ANN and he can rest
assured if he needs any help from me all he need do is ask.I have "all" of
Tony's papers and records for evidence.

Thanks for the update Ron.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret