Old October 5th 03, 05:32 PM
Bruce A. Frank

Are you really sure fuel will flow backwards through the Facet pump? I
may be wrong as it has been a long time since I worked with one of these
pumps, but I remember that the design did not allow flow in the opposite
direction. I have seen a number of fuel setups that used two pumps in
parallel. With one pump "on" the other pump, the pump that was not
energized, did not allow any back flow. There was no need for a check
valve in the system as the pump acted as its own.

Greg Reid wrote:

I understand that the simple Facet pumps have no check-valve so this
should be possible. But is it harmful to such pumps?

Greg

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"