Old December 6th 03, 07:41 AM
Ditch

Why put it in the panel. I'm sure you could mount it between the seats.

"Venus" wrote in message
I dont know either, but when I was at the avionics shop picking up my

plane
recently, there was a pressureized C-210 they had just starteding working

and
let me peek inside. It had dual garmin 330 x-ponders, garmin 430,530 and

an
MX20, it also had some other nifty stuff like a flight navigator and so

on.

Scott Aron Bloom wrote:

Ok, Im not talking about the commercial carriers. But why would a

general
aviation plane have dual transponders? Why waste the panel space? So

they
go
tits up that often in flight where its necessary?

Scott

The Twin Otter I flew had dual X-ponders. But we were using it for skydiving
ops and if the X-ponder goes down, we can't operate as a jump plane. SOOoo..we
had two....even had to use the 2nd one on occasion. Also, we had the panel
space to spare, so it was no biggie.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*