Old February 26th 04, 04:24 AM
Thomas Schoene

R. David Steele wrote:

BTW, we need to be thinking of merging the 20mm, 25mm and 30mm
weapon systems into one (pick one). I had thought that the 25mm
as used by the Army on the Bradley would be a good choice, if it
is not too long. But we have a logistics problem. And the less
things that we have to carry, the better. It also lowers the
unit cost if munitions are used across a variety of platforms.

As noted, they dropped the 27mm in favor of a 25mm gatling. This is
basically the same gun as in the current AV-8B and fires the same ammo as
the LAV, Bradley, and some shipboard mounts.

BTW, you sound like an engineer.

God, I hope not. Henry has a sketchy history of understanding technical
subjects.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)