Old March 15th 20, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default L 33 Solo Gliders

There’s good deals on L-33’s to be had. I’ve been maintaining the two that Craig spoke of for the last 4 years and have some experience flying them. They’re very rugged but parts can be an issue. Drag an aileron on pavement? $6,000 for a new one from Vitek. (They’re not repairable.) Great flying, comfortable ship that can be left outside. I think a L-23 is more prone to spin than a L-33. Not much of cross country machine but better than an 1-26.