Old July 14th 03, 02:47 PM
RT

starwars wrote in message ...
"RT"
(Ackshully speaking, carrying is a PITA and not undertaken by anyone
with 2 brain cells to rub together unless they think they need to)

Isn't Australia going through a handgun confiscation program as we speak?

Yes.

Didn't the Australian gov use the massacre at Dunblane as an excuse to
confiscate nearly every semi-auto rifle and shotgun in the country?

Erm... no.
Erm.. Dunblane is in Scotland which is part of UK which is ...erm... quite
some distance from Oz.
As in 13,000 miles away.

What a
long way the proud Aussies have fallen. Your liberal gov is trying to turn
the human inhabitants of your grand land into sheep. Isn't armed robbery
and murder by firearm skyrocketed since the general disarmament? Isn't
there a lesson in that? The bad guys are more scared of armed citizens
than they are of armed police. I loved the land and the people when I was
there and I am shocked and dismayed that the Australians have allowed their
gov to disarm them. Perhaps y'all will come to your senses.

I doubt it - too many people live in cities these days.

Carrying a gun is an insurance policy, no more, no less. You have auto
insurance, airplane insurance, home insurance, title insurance, etc., and
you hope you never need to use it. The thing about insurance is that you
never know when or where you will need it.

I am armed everywhere I go, where it is legal to carry concealed. Check,
http://www.packing.org.

Many US states have reciprocity agreements with other states so if you have
a concealed handgun permit in one state you may carry in others, not
necessarily adjacent. Most states allow for out-of-state residents to
apply for concealed handgun licenses.

Don't start me on whether begging state gov for my right to carry is
constitutional - it's not.

Want a truely pro-gun site? Try Jews for the Preservation of Firearms
Ownership, http://www.jpfo.org Who better learned the lesson of "gun
control"? than the Jews? Or the Russians? Or the Chinese? Or the
Rwandans? Or the Cambodians? Or the Congolese? Or the Bosnians? Or ...

Kingfisher
AOPA, NRA-ILA, GOA, JPFO, SAF, CCRKBA, COA, LSAS, LEAA. Money is a weapon.

Now, if you'll just wipe your chin, what I said and stand by is: "Ackshully
speaking, carrying is a PITA and not undertaken by anyone with 2 brain cells
to rub together unless they think they need to."

When guns and GA planes are outlawed, politicians will still fly and have
armed bodyguards.

You got that right.