Old June 6th 05, 08:14 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article .com,
wrote:

I really only meant to post the message as an alert to other people in
the area. If it wasn't clear from the attributions withing the text; I
did not write it myself.

That said, I am a user of PAO, a popular, heavily-used field. However,
I do not live in the city of Palo Alto, so have no real legal standing.
Perhaps there are people on this board who live in PA and want to get
involved.

I used to live in the South Bay area and based at PAO. The political
problem there is that Palo Alto politics is overrun by eco-freaks, who
hate cars and airplanes. This problem spill over into Sunnyvale and
Mountain View, too.

Compounding the problem is severe pressure by developers to devour every
square foot of "available" land (airports represent a lot of this kind
of land to them). This is the overriding political problem with allowinf
civil use of Moffett, which would alleviate a lot of the airport space
problem in Silicon Valley.