Old December 12th 04, 02:37 PM
Frank Ch. Eigler

"Bob Gardner" writes:

Solo time is required for the commercial certificate, and there is
no way in the world that an insurance company will cover you in a
twin without hundreds of hours of twin time. [...]

This is simply not correct. Insurance will be of course more
expensive than for a c172, but on the smaller twins and private use,
is indeed available. Through a Canadian broker, Lloyd's started
covering me with just 70 hours on type (pa23-250). I gather from
other posts that, despite speculation of the cognoscenti, the actual
USA situation is not much worse.

- FChE