Old August 14th 04, 12:24 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:39:53 -0500, Al Marzo wrote:

I'm wondering if that story made it on due to AOPA's challenge and all
the people who emailed them. They'll surely try again and when they

No, it aired before AOPA was aware of it I believe. I'm not sure why they
aired it myself, but in any event I'm trying to convince powers that be
that they need to be made an example of and prosecuted.

I used an example of crying wolf, you do it often enough and people will
stop paying attention, then the real bad guys come by and you ignore them
because you're so used to news reporters faking it.

I also mentioned that this was akin to crying fire in a theatre and would
have similar consequences if it turned out as they had hoped to stage it.
Their intent is what counts and because they dressed and acted the part of
a terrorist they deserve to be arrested and tried as a terrorist.

But in an election year, do you think anybody will actually pursue this, I
mean try to take them to court and I bet the news media will suddenly tilt
very quickly towards your opponent. Nope, no politician will allow this
to be tried.