Old September 1st 03, 09:25 PM
Errol Cavit

Bob Noel wrote in message ...
In article , "Gerry
Caron" wrote:

if you want loud, try the F-111.

Ahh, but the 'varks are gone and so are the rhinos. :-(

even the EF's?

Yes

and what about the Australians? are theirs all gone too?

No, although there has been a recent suggestion to retire them soon
rather than keep them going for another 15-20 years.

One evening a couple of months ago I was with some friends when we
heard a loud jet. I looked over to the other person with an interest
in aviation, and we both said something like "that's not a modern
civil jet." The RNZAF B727s had just been retired, so they were out.
Then I remembered - "The F-111s are here on exercise this week. It'll
be one of them." Cue disbelief from some others in room that we could
ID an aircraft from sound alone.

snip
Cheers
Errol Cavit