Old April 21st 11, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
db_sonic[_2_]

Default XCSoar for Android

On Mar 16, 7:41*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
Hi,

theXCSoardeveloper team is proud to announce the first stable
release ofXCSoarfor Android.

XCSoaris a free glide computer for Android, Linux, Windows, Windows
Mobile, Windows CE, PocketPC. *It is being developed by a large team
of pilots in their free time. *The source code is available.

The new release 6.0.7b fixes all remaining problems, and can be
considered "stable". *It runs on all devices with Android 1.6 or
newer (phones and tablets).

You can either use the internal GPS, or connect to a vario/logger over
Bluetooth. *There are adapters for Bluetooth-to-RS232 to use legacy
varios/loggers.

XCSoarcan be obtained for free from Google's Android Market
(https://market.android.com/details?id=org.xcsoar) or from our web
site (http://www.xcsoar.org/). *After installing the software, copy
your data files (maps, waypoints, airspaces) to the directory
"XCSoarData" on the SD card, launchXCSoar, and configure the files
(double-tap to open the menu, Config / Config / Setup System). *Our
manual has detailed instructions.

For bug reports and feature request, use our bug tracker:
*http://www.xcsoar.org/trac/newticket

Max

Just installed this on my Droid X and loaded the terrain maps and
waypoints.
Works great with built in GPS and the phone in airplane mode(which
seems fitting : ).
Good work guys!

Darren